After going to Tenina’s class the other night, then seeing cream on sale, I decided to do a batch of butter. The cream was on sale, the butter wasn’t, so TMX saved the day and the wallet! The fantastic by-product of making your own butter in the TMX, is the Buttermilk – BONUS!!!!
I found a recipe on the Women’s Weekly site for Buttermilk muffins, so I have tweaked it a little and done the conversion. They are so easy and can use up those left over frozen berries, and just some staples from the cupboard.
170g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract or essence
160g Vegetable oil
250g Frozen Berries (dont thaw them)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place SR Flour and Castor sugar in bowl and mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds
- Place egg, oil, buttermilk, vanilla and 150g of the mixed Berries into the bowl.
- Mix on Speed 5 for 8 seconds. This will mix the ingredients and chop the berries, giving them a great colour (depending on what berries you have used – I use Blueberries and Raspberries)
- Add your remaining Berries and Mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 5 seconds, to mix the whole berries through the mixture
- Pour your mix into lined muffin tray and bake for 30 mins.
Hints & Tips
- Use any variety of berries that you have available, but make sure they are frozen
- From this mix, I made 6 large muffins, 24 mini muffins and 2 of the lined ones that you see in the photos – do any combo you like, but make sure you check your cooking time. My mini muffins only took 10 or so minutes, but the big ones took 30 minutes to cook.
- If you want all of your berries whole, then add them all at Step4 and mix on reverse.