This recipe is what happens when you are trying to stay sane with a half crazed 5 year old running amok and a Miss 3 who just won’t let go of your leg. Essentially, it was a combination of whatever ingredients were in the cupboard and a few random things that Miss 3 wanted to eat at that very moment. There is the Too Easy Chocolate Cake recipe in the EDC which is quite easy and well……a little plain.
So, rather than just give her a bowl full of frozen berries and a handful of choc chips, we decided to put them into the Too Easy Chocolate Cake recipe and make some mini cakes – just the right size for a tea party, with what appeared to be a hoard of stuffed bears and slightly scary dolls.
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
120g SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g choc chips
100g frozen Raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- PLace butter in bowl and melt for 2 mins at 60C Speed 4
- Add baking powder, cocoa,sr flour, vanilla essence, milk & egg then mix for 30secs on Speed 5
- Add choc chips and raspberries, then mix on Reverse for 10 secs Speed 4
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes
- Bake in cupcake moulds or any other moulds that you have – just adjust the cooking time. Mine took around 15 mins
- Try adding some nuts instead of raspberries
- Try adding some extra berries to the top of the cakes so that they can be seen once cooked