This is a quick and easy recipe for a Pastry-less Quiche. I had this hand written on a scrap of paper in the cupboard for years and always pulled it out when I needed something easy, with just a few ingredients. It’s great for lunch or an afternoon tea when someones drops around, and you can use any ingredients you have in the cupboard – nothing special required.
From memory, this one came from the trusty CWA (Country Women’s Association), but I never had the cookbook, so I can’t direct you to the page. Anyway, thanks to the CWA, we can now make this simple Quiche even easier with the Thermomix!
100g SR Flour
Half an onion
1 cup Cheese
Bacon, spring onions, feta, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, pasley….the list is endless
- Place half an onion in the TMX bowl and chop on Speed 8 for 2 seconds.
- You want the onions chopped loosely with no large pieces.
- Add other ingredients that need chopping. Today I used Spring onions, parsley and bacon pieces. Chop again on speed 8 for 2 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper, grated cheese (previously done in the TMX), SR flour, eggs and milk. Mix on Reverse Speed 5 for 5 seconds
- Pour mixture into a greased Quiche dish. If you are adding tomatoes or feta, at them straight to the dish at this stage
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 30 – 35 mins
Hints and Tips
- Use whatever ingredients you have in the cupboard
- Can be served warm or cold (I prefer cold).
- Team it with a salad for a nice lunch or dinner on a warm summers day