What do you make when you want something nice for afternoon tea and have almost not butter (or cream to make butter), no eggs and next to no milk (ok ok – there was enough for coffee, but I wasn’t giving that up!)?
You get your creative hubby to use the Thermovixen Scroll recipe, add some extras, pull out that frozen lump of Stewed Apples from the freezer, and Bingo Bango! You have yourself a great afternooon tea.
300g Bakers Flour
1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
190g warm water
1 tsp oil
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Mixed Spice
- Add of the dry ingredients and mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds
- Add oil and water and mix for a further 6 seconds on Speed 5 to bring the mix together
- Turn to closed lid position and knead on Interval for 2 mins
- Remove dough from bowl and let it prove in a bowl or wrapped in your thermomat for 30 mins in a warm area
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, gently roll out the dougn to a rectangle shape approx 40cmX30cm
- Use your stewed apples (EDC) or similar from the freezers and spread them over the dough.
- Use your Spatula to cut the dough and mix into thin strips and roll them individually and place them on a tray lined with baking paper, close together but not touching
- Let them reast again for 15 minutes and then popped them in the oven and bake for 15-20mins at 180 degrees
Hints & Tips
- when you get bulk or cheap apples, make sure you stew them up rather than letting them go bad. Freeze them in bags and pull them out when you need to whip something up – apple crumple, turnovers, baby food, ice cream topping etc…
- We had a small amount of stewed Apples & Saltanas and some stewed Apples & Raspberries
- You could also use your home made Hazelnut Spread (EDC)…….nomm nomm nom….