Fast. Easy. Tasty.
That is my motto, especially when there is limited supplies in the cupboard and you just need a little something to get you through afternoon tea time. Today I whipped up some Apricot Danish and this Lemon Poppyseed Loaf. Some quick and easy ideas for the Holiday and Entertaining season
360g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
180g raw sugar
90g soft butter
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest 1 lemon
2 tsp poppyseeds
- Place raw sugar and lemon zest into bowl. Mill on speed 9 for 8 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, butter, eggs, buttermilk and poppy seeds then mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds
- Add flour and baking powder, then mix again for 10 secs on speed 6
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 40 mins on 180C or until a skewer comes out clean
- Serve with butter or Thermomix Lemon Butter