We had a birthday in our house this week. It was hubby and he delegated birthday cake choosing to Miss Ruby, hence he got a bumble bee cup cake tower! It was honey cupcakes with the most decadent marshmallow icing. The icing actually looked fake. It was shiny and so delicious! The bumble bee’s were purchased at a gourmet deli that sells all those kinds of goodies 🙂 We used a tooth-pick with the pointing end into the bee to place them on top of the cup cakes. So as promised here is the marshmallow icing recipe!
3 Egg Whites
330g Sugar (I used caster sugar but if you use raw just give it a blast before you start.)
2 Teaspoons Corn Syrup
Pinch Cream of Tartar
1 Teaspoon Natural Vanilla Essence
- Place butterfly into TM bowl.
- Add egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar and water into the TM bowl and beat on speed 4, for 5 minutes at 70 degrees. The mixture should be light and fluffy
- Add Vanilla and beat for a further 5 minutes speed 4. (NO HEAT THIS TIME!)
- After this time you should have stiff peaks forming.
- Add the colouring drop by drop until desired colour is reached. Use speed 4 add the colouring through the MC hole whilst mixing.
- Alow mixture to cool slightly before using. You can use a piping bag to pipe it on or simply spread it on.
- I found the corn syrup after much hunting at a health food store so save your self time and head to the health food store first!
- I used a Light Corn Syrup
- Enough to easily ice 16 cup cakes
- If using raw sugar blitz it first for 5 seconds speed 8.