So was looking for a quick easy lunch for the kids. The cupboards are looking a little bare and it’s a public holiday here so this recipe is a combo of what was in the fridge and well what doesn’t go with a quiche! I added some veg to hide it as I have an extremely fussy little man at the moment who is pretty much on a nothing but banana diet… He had one quiche and a banana for lunch… Winning 🙂
So here it is – this is my version but you could substitute for what is in your fridge!
1/2 Red Capsicum
1 small onion
100g Mozzarella Cheese (Or cheese of choice)
3 Sheets of frozen Puff Pastry
Mini Muffin Tray (Or a muffin tray depending on how big you want them.)
- Add the onion, capsicum, bacon and zucchini to the TM bowl and roughly chop for 3 seconds on speed 4-5. You want to just get a nice rustic feel to it so that it has a good texture in the quiches.
- Cook for 5 minutes Varoma temp on speed reverse + speed 1. You could add a splash of oil if you like. Set aside in the fridge to cool slightly while you prepare pastry.
- I used a tupperware cup to cut circles out of the pastry to fit perfectly into the mini muffin tray. (See pics.)
- Add cheese to the TM bowl. (Can be left dirty from mixture.) Blitz cheese on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Add eggs and cream and mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- To assemble place a small spoon of the slightly chilled mixture into each case. Pour the eggs mixture over the bacon mixture to fill up each pastry case.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Until pastry is golden brown. A tip here is to put your muffin tray onto a baking tray. This will ensure that the bottoms come out nice and golden brown too.
- Serve warm or cool with a nice tomato chutney.
- I made some bigger ones for the adults in normal size muffin tins. I put the bacon mixture in and then a mini bocconcini cheese ball and then filled with the egg mixture. Once they were cooked they had this beautiful cheese centre.